SSD Mac files Recovery is possible by restoring the files from iCloud or Time Machine backups. In addition, Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Software can be used to retrieve deleted or lost files from the Solid State Drive on macOS.
Mac SSD Failure: One of the primarily reason for the data loss from a solid-state drive (SSD) is the failure of the drive. Though SSDs are highly reliable equipment; they can fail just like an ordinary hard drive. SSD failure might happen all of a sudden or they might begin to show signs of trouble before final failure.
Major SSD Drive Failure Signs:
- Slow Data Transfer Rate: If the data transfer rate of solid-state drive becomes slower & slower with the passes of time, then it is one of the signs that SSD may have failed. The best possible solution is to back up the SSD files.
- Bad Sectors: A continuous increase in the bad sector on the solid-state drive is another symptom for media failure, which further leads to the loss of Mac files.
- SSD Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) Metrics: SMART is an advanced technology that helps in determining the overall health status of the solid state drive when connected with a Mac. However, for sudden failure of SSD, S.M.A.R.T. is not the viable option.
Solid State Drive Data Loss Causes
Some of the major reasons, which are primarily responsible for data loss from solid-state drives (SSD), are:
- Malware Attack: When a malware affects SSD drive connected with a Mac, it will most likely results in file loss problem.
- Improper installation or reinstallation of macOS: Faulty installation of Mac operating system can do severe damages on a well running solid-state drives. As a result, it makes the whole SSD undetectable in future.
- SSD Partition Loss: On a solid-state drive, when the partition loss problem occurs, all the data stored on the SSD becomes inaccessible immediately.
- Incorrect Operation from Mac Keyboard: Sometimes, performing wrong keyboard operation on the solid-state drive can become the main culprit of files loss on SSD.
- Internal SSD Damage: When some internal damage on solid-state drive occurs (usually bad sector), there are chances that you lost all the data stored on SSD drives.
- Power Failure While SSD in Use: Power failure problems can lead to the data loss on solid-state drives.
Recover Deleted SSD Files from iCloud
To recover the deleted files from iCloud to Mac’s SSD, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch System preferences type iCloud in the search bar.
- iCloud is launched
- Enter the necessary Apple ID (iCloud) credentials.
- Click on the arrow button to move further.
- Click on Settings option.
- Click on Restore Files under Advanced option at the bottom left.
- Click to check off the boxes to the left of the files you want to restore. Or just click on the “Select All” if you need to restore the deleted files.
- Finally, click Restore to complete the deleted files restoration process.
Time Machine Restoration of Deleted SSD Files: Recovery of deleted files from Mac SSD is also possible if you had previously setup and enabled the Mac inbuilt utility, i.e. Time Machine. The files deleted from Trash, hard drive, iCloud can be restored from Mac Time Machine backups.
Mac SSD File Recovery Software
Stellar Phoenix Mac SSD File Recovery Software is a professional application that recover lost videos, audios, pictures, and many other forms of documents from the Mac and support HFS, HFS+ FAT, NTFS, ex-FAT file system.
Along with deleted SSD data recovery, you get additional features:
- SSD Partition Restoration
- Time Machine Backup Drive Recovery
- BootCamp Partition Recovery
- Optical Media Recovery
- Password Protected Mac SSD Recovery
Conclusion: The Mac data recovery software, Time Machine restoration, iCloud data restoration are some of the necessary steps to be taken once the files gets deleted from the solid state drive. However, the best bet to avoid any kind of data loss problems is by taking the regular backup of the Mac Solid-state drive.