Hard Drive Partitioning is a technique used by millions of Mac users to divide their hard drive’s storage into logical sections and using each for a different purpose. Doing so helps them extract significant advantages like better data management, critical data isolation, capability to run multiple operating systems on the same machine, etc. Each logical section on the hard drive is known as a Mac volume and it can be formatted using a different file system. Each volume can operate as an independent drive and is denoted by a unique drive letter.
In addition to functioning as independent hard drives, Mac volumes have another thing in common with hard drives – they’re prone to the same data threats. Virus infections, volume failures, file system corruption, partition table damage, and improper formatting can all endanger the data saved on Mac volumes. Imagine the magnitude of loss that would befall someone whose entire Mac volumes go missing!
It has happened to many users and it is very real. Mac volume loss can occur without warning, and when it does, hundreds of documents, photos, music and video files can become inaccessible. The only way to regain access to that data? Finding the lost volumes!
Spot Missing Mac Volumes with Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Professional
Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery is a competent tool that assists you in locating lost / missing / deleted logical volumes on your Mac and recovering them easily. This system volume recovery solution scan Mac hard drive for previously formatted, accidentally deleted, severely corrupted / damaged volumes, makes them accessible, and then helps you retrieve data from them. It can work smoothly with multiple file systems like HFS+, FAT, ex-FAT, and NTFS and is compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and older Mac versions.
Using this DIY tool is extremely simple, thanks to its interactive user interface. Let us show you how:
- Download the trial of Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Professional Ensure that your system meets the minimum software requirements and then install the program using its installation wizard.
- Launch the software and from the home screen, toggle the “Recover Everything” button to “On” state.
- Once you’ve decided what to recover, click on the Next button. The next screen shows tiled icons of all volumes on your Mac hard drive. Since you’re looking for missing volumes, use the scroll button on the interface to reach the “Can’t Find Volume” option as shown. Select this option and then click on Scan button.
- The next screen will show you a list of all hard drives and volumes on your Mac hard drive. Select your hard drive as the target hard drive on which you wish to search for lost volumes and then click on Search to initiate the process.
- The next screen displays the search progress. A count of the number of lost volumes found is also displayed. As soon as you see that the volume you’re finding is spotted, you can Stop the search however it is advised to let the software complete the scan successfully.
- Once the search finishes or you abort it using the Stop button, you will see a screen with the updated list of volumes on the Mac hard drive. This list will now contain the volume that has just been found. To recover data from this volume, select it and click on the Scan button.
- The next screen displays the progress of the scan along with default file preview. You may choose to disable file preview by togging “Off” the preview button on the upper right.
- When scan completes, all recoverable files will be listed in a tree-view in the software’s left hand panel.
- You may preview any item displayed in the left-hand panel by double-clicking on it. Once satisfied with file preview, select the files to recover by marking the check boxes next to them in the software’s main panel and click on “Recover” button.