Mac Hard Drive formatting has some obvious advantages: it cleans up your hard drive to remove junk data, helps you reorganize messed up files, helps overcome issues like bad sectors / application conflicts / virus infections / minor file system corruptions, helps you reinstall macOS in case the already installed copy is facing issues, and it even helps you install Windows on your Mac. That said, formatting your Mac hard drive has a big obvious disadvantage – it erases your hard drive clean of all data. So if you haven’t backed up your critical files before starting the formatting procedure, you’ll end up facing some pretty heavy data loss. On Mac, the inbuilt Disk Utility feature can be used to take care of all hard drive formatting needs. All you need to do is launch it through Applications -> Utilities and then choose the appropriate options.
Since formatting erases your hard drive and typically, once the system has been formatted there’s little you can manually do to retrieve the erased data, the only way to get the lost data back (in case you don’t have a backup) is through a reliable and powerful Mac data recovery program. While that is true, it is important to realize that a drive that has been repeatedly formatted has very minimum scope of recovering any data. Thus, if you’ve just formatted your hard drive and missed out on some important files, do not save any new data on it.
Immediately download Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery – Professional and install it on the formatted system. This technically advanced software carries out non-intrusive Mac formatted file recovery to retrieve Documents, Media, Archives, Emails, etc., from formatted Mac based devices. Since the tool is equipped with an interactive GUI, users who aren’t tech-savvy can also make use of this Mac software to recover their lost data.
Here’s how you can use this software to recover data after your Mac hard drive has been formatted:
- Launch Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery and from the software’s home screen, select what kind of files you wish to recover (documents, emails, photos, audios, videos). To select multiple kinds of files, toggle the respective buttons to “On” state. To select all types of files, toggle the “Recover Everything” button to “On” state.
- Click on the Next button and select the drive / volume which you formatted and from which you wish to recover data. You may view the drive / volume information when you select drive for recovery. To perform a Deep Scan (extensive scan) toggle the respective button to “On” state.
- When ready to begin scan, click on Scan button. The next screen shows you the scan progress with a default preview of files being discovered. You can choose to turn the Preview off through the convenient button assigned for the purpose.
- When scan completes, all recoverable files will be listed in a tree-view in the software’s left hand panel. You may view the recoverable data in Classic List for original tree, File List for category extension, or Deleted List for deleted data as well as RAW Data.
- To preview any item, double-clicking on it. Once satisfied with file preview, select the files to recover by marking the check boxes next to them in the software’s main panel and click on “Recover” button.