Mac Data recovery from external hard drive
Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software regains lost files, deleted & formatted data from an external hard drive too. It will recover any instances of deleted data from the below system formats:
- HFS, HFS Plus, HFS Wrapper (Apple file system)
- NTFS (Windows & Boot Camp file system)
- EXFAT & FAT (Common Format for any external device)
- Time Machine External hard drive
- Password protected (Encrypted file system) external hard drives
Note: It is advisable to immediately stop the use of any external device once it has gone through file deletion or formatting. Doing this prevents overwriting of the lost, deleted and formatted data.
How to begin with external hard drive recovery on Mac?
Download the software, before you apply the below-mentioned steps to recover all deleted and formatted files from the Mac external hard drive.
Download the free trial version to scan & preview all the lost files and folder that can be recovered by the software.
- Step 1: Connect the external hard drive to Mac OS X
- Step 2: Double-click the Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery icon to launch the software interface.
- Step 3: Click on the Start Scan button to proceed to disk menu.
- Step 4: In this step, you need to select your external hard drive. Also, select one of the recovery options from the list of available methods. Click ‘Start Scan‘ to launch the scanning.
- Step 5: Software starts deep scan of the external hard drive and recovers all files that were either lost or formatted. Once the scan is done, this data recovery Mac application will list all files that can be recovered.
More Software Tips: Stellar Phoenix Mac data recovery software can be customized as per need. Use Software <<Preferences to
- Select or Unselect Audio, Video and Picture, Documents, Apps and Miscellaneous file formats
- Add file signature of a newly created file format
- Apply filter to file signatures
- Read benefits of Mac external hard drive recovery with Stellar Phoenix
Using Preferences menu, user can search only for selected files and software will ignore all other files. This helps in reducing the scan time taken by the software. Though software has incorporated most of the popular files formats, user can use ‘Add Header’ to add newly created file formats.