Hard drive failure and data loss is a horrifying reality for computer users around the world. Even the most stable and reliable operating system – Mac OS X fails at some point of time. System failure can be either due to logical or physical reasons. In both cases, you lose access to your precious data and encounter data loss. Data loss is something that greatly harms your business as well as personal life. In all such cases, you must restore data from an updated backup to save your business. However, if the backup is not available, you need to carry out Mac Recovery to get your valuable data back.
In order to ensure absolute recovery of lost data from Mac OS X hard drive:
• Check the type and cause of problem – You must first analyze what is causing the problem. If your system is inaccessible due to file system corruption, missing/damaged data structures, and other related problems, it is logical failure. On the other hand, damage to mechanical and electrical components of hard drive indicates physical failure.
• Check hard drive consistency and integrity – Use Disk Utility or ‘fsck’ to detect and fix hard drive errors. These inbuilt utilities of Mac OS X operating system detect and repair errors on Mac OS X hard drive.
• Format the hard drive and reinstall operating system – If disk repair tools can not help you detect and fix hard drive errors, replace damaged data structures by formatting the hard drive and reinstalling operating system.
• Restore data from backup- Hard drive formatting removes all the data from Mac OS X hard drive and causes further data loss. In such cases, you need to restore lost data from a valid and updated backup.
• Use third-party recovery applications- If you are unable to restore data from backup or the backup is not available, it is time to use commercial Mac Recovery Software.
Such utilities are specifically designed to carry out in-depth scan of whole hard drive using powerful scanning algorithms and perform Data Recovery Mac in a perfect manner. They ensure easy ‘Do It Yourself’ Mac Data Recovery with self-descriptive and interactive user interface. They preserve integrity of your valuable data due to read-only behavior.
Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery is an excellent solution for all your Mac data loss problems. The software can be used with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.5 Leopard, 10.4 Tiger, and 10.3.9 Panther. It supports recovery from HFS, HFS+, HFSX, HFS Wrapper, and FAT file system volumes.