“This morning I wan reading my email when my computer froze. I pushed the button to turn it off about 10 minutes after it freezing up. When I re booted my MacBook all id does is display a file with flashing question mark.” Source: Ticket Submission
A flashing question mark with folder at the back is seen in Macintosh because of various reasons, like…
- Mac hard drive is not detected by the mac operating system because of loose data cable.
- Mac hard drive failure i.e. physical crash
- Mac File system corruption i.e. logical crash
First thing to do is to check whether your cables are tightly fitted, If you are sure about your cables fitting. Then remove your hard drive from the system. As any other activity on the mac hard drive can make you lose your critical data. So it save your precious data, follow these steps:
- Attach your failed hard drive as a slave on other working mac machine. If your hard drive is not detected in another mac machine that means you have a physical failure and to recover your data back contact Mac recovery service people. However if your hard drive is detected by another mac machine means you have a logical failure and you can recover your data using mac data recovery software.
- Download & install the Macintosh data recovery software.
- Scan your drive to find your file.
Download Software from here: Download Macintosh Data Recovery Software